Firelight

Firelight (Firelight #1) - Sophie Jordan A hidden truth. Not so. Mortal enemies. Big check! Doomed love. Again? I found the concept of the dragons - uhm I mean draki interesting. Plus the opening of the book hooked me instantly. Nice start right? It gives me hope that this will be deferent in some ways but halfway through the book, just fell flat. There is nothing special about the Firelight. If you're expecting an action pack fantasy (hello? dragons and dragon-hunters? where’s the kick off kung fu action?) you’re going to be disappointed. The story line is so good that I expecting more, I kept waiting for something big to happen but unfortunately it didn’t. It focuses more on the star-cross lurve. Again - like any other YA "pararomance" fantasy. There are also tons of things in this book that didn’t worked for me or I just didn’t liked. Like the Jacinda and her twin relationship, the lack of world-building, the characters are not pretty solidly written as well and like I said it focuses on Jacinda and Will's star-crossed relationship, plus the cliffhanger. Despite that however, that’s not to say it’s not good – it is good; easy to read. The plot was pretty simplistic, as all paranormal romances tend to be. Sophie Jordan writing is good for romance story. Overall, Firelight is an average romance story with a little bit of fantasy. Maybe for sparkle.