Looking for Alaska

Looking for Alaska - John Green Book News: 'Looking for Alaska' or [rumor to be renamed] 'Famous Last Words' - To Hit the Big Screen. ...Awesomely SWEEEET! Review: Strait and Fast: You know what sets this novel apart from other YA novels? Is the -1. the book unusual structure 2. the expertly used of language and 3. the witty voice of Miles "Pudge" Halter. thats pretty some it up.. Just flippin’ the pages you'll immediately see the unusual structure of the book by the before and after x days, so from that you know that something life-changing is going to happen. I think that’s what I liked about the book [including Green's writing]. The first part is a built-up while the second is how the character will deal with the event. Perfect isn’t it? For the first time I read a philosophy related book without boredom side effect and that is thanks to John Green's amazing talent. I liked how he include philosophy toward teen aghast, the balance of it[philosophy] and wit, relate them naturally, let the readers pose for a bit and think.. And think.. and think... Yup, after reading Looking for Alaska, I thought my own solution, my own way out of the labyrinth that is different one. But I guess we all have, because we are all in different labyrinth and different thinking of finding its way out. Symbolism is highly present in this novel. It is beautiful, moving, warm, thought-provoking, and humorous yet tragic.