The Breakup Bible

Breakup Bible, The - Melissa Kantor typical.funny. and vital At last i finished this book. actually I start reading this June and I stop reading this because many other great books come and I read it again yesterday and finished it. So here's Jen Lewis, editor of the school paper and here's Max Brown, the paper's editor-in-chief. And their together until Max tells her “it would be better if we were just friends.” Making matters worse, she catches him kissing another girl from the paper. Jen wonders how she is going to deal with the pain of seeing Max in school every day. Jen cannot sleep, cries constantly and thinks she “could actually die of heartache.” Even with supportive friends and family-and opportunities to advance her journalism career-it takes time to move on. Her misery only intensifies when her grandmother gives her a book that she heard about on the radio. Dr. Emerson’s The Breakup Bible claims that “there’s no reason a woman can’t get over a breakup very quickly if she’ll just follow a few basic commandments.” Its really just a typical for me, but something in this book I found kinda great. I think its the 10 commandments in the breakup bible. The author successfully juggles several storylines, including Jen’s work on an important article for the newspaper, her mother’s attempt at romance after years of being alone, and Jen’s attempt to move on with a new boy. Jen’s relationship with her divorced parents, brother, and grandmother adds a nice layer to an already interesting story. This book is a light read and a perfect escape.